Monday, November 30, 2009

the post where I share gratuitous photos of Rain's hot abs

fathlete confession: On black Friday I headed over to Union Landing to watch Ninja Assassin with my pal Diana. What can I say. I'm a sucker who has a liking for delicious eye candy. As mentioned before, this was on my list of movies to watch. Admittedly, I kinda had high hopes for the film. The special effects were done by the same people who were responsible for The Matrix. The physical (let's get buffed up ASAP) training was done by the people who did 300. How could I not watch this?!

another fathlete confession: I didn't care much for Ninja Assassin. The effects were cool, but I'm not big on blood and gore. The story line needed help. So did the acting. (In his defense, I think Rain's acting [or lack of it] had to do with a poor script and a language issue. Seriously. If you put me in a film where I had to speak Tagalog, my performance would be mediocre at best.) But then again, this is American film. You don't go to a movie like this and expect a stellar story or amazing acting. You go for the special effects and the cool action scenes. On that alone, I was completely satisfied. Throw in an abundance of gratuitous shots of the half naked, beautifully sculpted Rain, and you've got a winner. (Shallow. I know. Sue me.) Yes. I'd pay to see it again. Besides, movies like this make me want to go to the gym!

I'm posting more gratuitous shots of Rain, mostly for my pals Diana and Margaret. In truth, Rain really isn't my type of guy. I'm not into pretty boys who require more hair products than I do. (Seriously dude. Blow drying your hair with those hot abs?! That's just wrong!) Also, if I woke up one morning and found a fine specimen such as this one at the foot of my bed, I'd most likely jump out screaming in pure horror. Yeah. My first reaction would be WTF?! 'Cuz I'm kinda stupid like that. And hot bodies intimidate the hell out of me. (Remind me to tell you the story of the hot guy who was hitting on me at the roller skating shop in SF. Just promise me you won't laugh when I try to explain that I had no idea he was hitting on me.)

However, there are certain things that I do like about Rain. Earlier in his career, it was expected that he get eyelid surgery or he wasn't going to make it in the industry. I'm glad Rain said NO to going under the knife. It seems that he also grew up extremely poor and his mother died from diabetes complications because they couldn't afford the medication. Also, I like that he manages to break some negative stereotypes of Asian males in popular culture. In short, there's a lot to admire.

While I'm not big on pretty boys, I've learned that I like angular faces. (I work in the beauty industry. I notice silly things like angles.) Rain has great angles. Ooh! Another reason why I was squirming in my seat was that Rick Yune was also in Ninja Assassin. Woot! Oh yeah. I'm also a sucker for full lips on a guy. Finally, I don't need rock hard abs. As long as he doesn't mind working out with me, I'm good. Enough said. Here's the last of my gratuitous photos.

fathlete confession: I think bicep curls are totally panty. I'm a CrossFitter like that. However, I'm more than happy to make an exception for a guy who can work the low rise workout pants. ha ha!


Warm-up
Run 800 meters
Prep for WOD

CrossFit One World WOD: Tommy V

In honor of Senior Chief Petty Officer Thomas J. Valentine, 37, of Ham Lake, Minnesota, died in an training accident in Arizona, on Feb. 13 2008. First posted on www.crossfit.com on March 12, 2008

21 thrusters 53#
12 rope climbs (modified severely!)
15 thruster
9 rope climbs
9 thrusters
6 rope climbs

Joanne's Final Time - 22:00

Notes (to myself) about this workout: I should have known that hero WODs just suck. Period. Mr. Joshua is my least favorite WOD next to this one. Most people who did this with full rope climbs took about 40-60 minutes to finish. I wasn't having it. Therefore, I went lighter on the weight. (Mistake. I really should have pushed it another 10# or so) Instead of doing a 3-for-1 sub, I did a 1-for-1 or 1.5-1 sub. Basically, I followed Lori's lead and did as many modified rope climbs in the same time she did hers. I figured our efforts would even out because I'm faster on the thruster, which gave me more time on the ropes. Lori did a different modification, which was harder than mine. I couldn't maneuver the ropes at all. I can't even hang on the rope. Plus, when I do the planked modifications, I look like I'm humping the rope. Not cute. Bleh! Another thing to work on!

No comments: