Monday, November 16, 2009

rainin' manny

fathlete confession: Ever since I saw the movie Speed Racer, I've had a secret crush on Rain. I'm not obsessed. I just think he's cute and the sight of him warms my heart. My pal Margaret F. told me about the video below. I can't stop laughing!


If you're wanting more Rain, here's the trailer for his next film, Ninja Assassin. It looks like it will be an interesting movie. Besides, it features the work of some of the special effects masterminds who did the Matrix trilogy. The training that Rain went through was similar to what the cast of 300 did. How could you not watch it?! fathlete announcement: John W., you promised you'd take me to watch this film and I'm holding you to it!


As you all know, the fighting pride of the Philippines, Manny Pacquiao, won his match against Miguel Cotto. Below is the post-fight press conference. I *heart* Manny. You have to love someone who fights the fight of his life and then does an eight song set with his band from the Philippines at Mandalay Bay. (Don't forget to catch the "sample" towards the end.) ha ha!


Warm-up
Run 400 meters
Stretching
Prep for WOD

CrossFit One World WOD
Complete as many rounds as you can in 15 minutes of:
4 power clean and jerks 73#
6 handstand push-ups (modified on box)
8 chest to bar pull-ups (assisted with bands)

Joanne's Final Count - 5 rounds + 4 power cleans and 6 handstand push-ups

Notes (to myself) about this workout: This was hard. I wanted to push the weight on the power clean and jerks. However, it's hard to push the weight in running shoes. I was also glad that I got to use the bands for the pull-ups. Yea to Freddy for helping spot me. You rock!

In other notes, my custom weightlifting shoes just came in. The fit, feel and color are great - but they weren't exactly the shoes I ordered. I specifically asked for the embroidery to be placed on the heel. Instead, they put it on the strap. Also, the font wasn't what I requested. It seems minor. But it's not the shoe I ordered. Ideally, I'd like them to re-do the shoe. I'm just not sure how to go about asserting this. Any advice?! Or am I just being a whiney bitch who needs to keep these shoes?

No comments: