Wednesday, November 18, 2009

show me the manny!

For the record, I'm not a boxing fan. I'm a Manny fan. I think a lot of people are with me on this one. That is why Manny Pacquiao is one of the most historically significant boxers of the sport. Fight me on this all you want. I stand by my assertions. After Saturday's fight, the big buzz has been about the long anticipated bout between Manny and Floyd Mayweather Jr. I've got lots to say, but I'll keep it short. Simply put, I think it will be a good match up and I hope the promoters and such can make it happen. Ahem. It doesn't take a genius to figure out who I'm rooting for.

To back track, I'd like to say that after the Pacquiao-Hatton fight, I've lost any shred of respect I've had for Floyd Mayweather Sr. I don't appreciate a coach/trainer/teacher who throws his student under the bus just because he got his ass whooped. It just wasn't Hatton's night. Deal with it. Also, take some partial responsibility for it. This is why I'm not a FMS fan. (Um, I'm not even going to mention the unnecessary trash talk that came from FMS before the bout. I was glad his fighter lost!) I am, however, a Hatton fan. I still think he's a cool dude and I appreciate his fan base!


Unfortunately, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Though I know Floyd Sr. and Floyd Jr. have a strained relationship, they're still one and the same in my book. Here is an extensive interview with FMJ after the Pacquiao-Cotto fight, where he addresses the possibility of fighting Manny. Really Floyd? Manny is a one dimensional boxer? You're expecting Manny to go public and call you out to fight? If that's what you're waiting for, it's not going to happen. It's not in our culture to call people out on that. Manny handles his boxing career the way Filipinos have fought historically - we let our hands do the talking. Period. I've got more to say. But I'd prefer to let FMJ be the trash-talking idiot in this conversation.

Moving on, here's a clip of the concert that Manny sang at after the Cotto fight. You have to love a guy who doesn't take himself too seriously. This is why Manny will always be the people's champ!

In non-boxing news, here's an article about the healthiest and unhealthiest states. Nope California is not in the top five on either list. However, Hawai`i is on the list for healthiest states. Eat that you spam haters! ha ha!

Warm-up
Jump Rope
Prep for the WOD

CrossFit One World WOD
You will perform four movements, one minute each. You will rest one minute between each movement. Tally reps for each movement. The four movements constitute one round. Perform three rounds for total reps. The movements are:

Thruster 53#
Burpees
Box jumps 12"
Knees to elbows

Joanne's Final Count - 166

Thrusters 13-13-12
Burpees 11-11-10
Box Jumps 15-15-13
Knees to Elbows 18-18-17

Notes (to myself) about this workout: This was not as bad as I thought because I think I paced myself well. I'd like to push the weight next time. Note to self: It's not a good idea to train with Louie. You'll feel less like a loser that way. ha ha!

No comments: