Tuesday, November 17, 2009

the story of the humping dog...

Tonight I posted this photo on my facebook page and tagged Norbert, my brother-in-law. This dog is what Norbert describes as the new family pet. It's a toy dog that humps. Literally. It makes inappropriate humping noises and gestures at the push of a button. For the reality TV junkie generation, the dog provides hours of entertainment. If you want your own Humphrey the Humping Dog, you can find it at Spencer's. Anyway... Norbert left the dog at the hospital when my nephew was there for a bacterial blood infection. (No worries. Theo is fine now.) I decided to "kidnap" the dog just to see if Norbert noticed it was missing. I kept waiting and he never mentioned anything about missing the dog. I finally posted the ransom photo. Here is the comment battle between me and Norbert:

j-ro: Answer the ransom and the humping dog doesn't get hurt!

N-Ty: YOU BITCH! DO NOT HURT THE DOG! DO NOT EAT THE DOG EITHER!

j-ro: Well lucky you, Norbert! I happen to have a full supply of spicy spam on hand. Therefore, I have no desire to marinate your silly dog and BBQ it over the grill. But when the spam runs out, your dog is next!


I'm sure this will develop into a funny faux-family war. In this battle of wits, I love that my family and I have an amazing sense of humor! For the record, I held the humping dog captive with the knowledge and support of my sister Tina and nephew Theo. hahaha!

Warm-up
Run 400 meters
stretching

CrossFit One World WOD
4 x 500 meter row. Rest two minutes between efforts.

Joanne's Final Time - 2:06/2:08/2:08/2:07

Notes (to myself) about this workout: Timed rows suck. We were actually supposed to run 400 meters four times. But by 7:15, it's pretty cold and dark, which makes running difficult. This is why we opted to row. Rowing isn't my favorite thing because I'm short and I'm not sure about the technique. Oh well...

No comments: