Wednesday, December 30, 2009

get low


This is a scene from The Proposal. It just makes me laugh. Enjoy!

Today's Small Victories
1) I ate at Venus, my favorite breakfast place today. There are three things I love about breakfast at Venus: the latte (it's the best I've EVER had; I blame it on the organic whole milk), the home fried potatoes and the morning glory muffin. When I ordered my rancho omelette, I replaced the potatoes and muffin for fresh fruit. I also opted out of the latte. I was trying to be a good girl. fathlete confession: Though it seemed like a tough call, at the end of the meal, I was happy I made the replacement. An omelette doesn't always have to go with potatoes and muffins! Ordering the fruit made the whole meal feel lighter. Plus, the fruit was way prettier than the potatoes!

2) I cut and bound my old food journal and am actively using it as we speak.

Warm-up

CrossFit One World WOD
Complete seven rounds for time of:
10 sumo deadlift high pulls 42#
10 ring dips (modified)

Joanne's Final Time - 9:55

Notes (to myself) about this workout: I REALLY need to work on the ring dips. I did them on the bars today with my feet on a box. I had to cheat a little because I had pain in my shoulder. I was also a little disappointed that I didn't push the weight. Eric said to go 42# and I did. I do wish I pushed it to 53#. Thing is, I have a hard time with the SDHP because if my hips aren't extended, then the bar just crashes into my bust. Also, on the way down, the bar is supposed to be as close to the body as possible. Well, again, this causes problems when one's breasts are in the way.

I've asked numerous people about avoiding hitting your bust during the oly lifts (like this one and the clean). It's the weirdest thing because again, I have to really extend the hips or my bust suffers. No one has given me a valid answer as to what I can do to save my boobies. Yes. I even asked several trainers a while back when I volunteered for the Level II cert. They just looked at me with blank stares - until I showed them my issue with the lifts. They usually responded with, "Yeah, I can see how that's a problem. But I don't know what you're supposed to do about it." Apparently, CrossFit chicks aren't supposed to have breasts. Boo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...wasn't born with much of a set but wish I had more boobs... :(

-Evil Twin

j-ro said...

Take it from me, Mary. You don't want the excess boobage. You really don't. ha ha!