Thursday, January 28, 2010

cancelled

I am sad to announce that one of my favorite shows, Ugly Betty, is going to be cancelled. They are currently in their fourth and final season. Tears.

Today's Small Victories
1) I finally made it to that butcher shop in San Leandro. Bought me some rib eye and chicken breast. I am now a cooking machine!
2) I was seriously thinking about going to in-n-out to buy a double double protein style... but then I remembered the salmon waiting for me at home... but I could have the salmon for dinner... I then missed the exit for in-n-out. I took this as a sign from God that the burger and I weren't meant to be. The salmon was delicious!
3) I am learning to love my new iron skillet. If you've never cooked with one, do it. It will change your life. I swear it will!

Warm-up
Run 400 meters
Prep for WOD

CrossFit One World WOD
Strength:
Bench Press 3/3/3/3/3
I did all sets at 85#

Overhead Squat 3/3/3
As usual, I read the board wrong. For this, I did three sets of three at 65#; one set at 75#; one set at 80#.

Conditioning:
Four rounds for time of 10 push-up & dip parallette bar pass throughs/50 jump rope rotations for time. (Modified)
Joanne's Final Time - 11:20

Notes (to myself) about this workout: I was really glad with my strength today. I PR'd on both of them. Thursday programming is awesome - especially when we have the time and focus to do it. I still don't know what my max is on the OH squat. Eric thinks my 3-rep max is about 95#, which makes my 1-rep max over 100#. I've never really worked on them for maxes, so the next few weeks should be exciting.

I sucked at the conditioning part. I can barely do the pass throughs modified on the box. Body weight stuff just isn't my thing. Yeah. more stuff to work on!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awee... I love that show..It was intentionally campy but sent a good message. I hope they change their minds.

Still wrecked over the '21' wod the other day (21 to 0 ladder of pushups and abmat situps).... took a few days off

I did a variation of your brussel sprout receipe by baking it. Family loved it. Eyeballing your other receipes now....

Evil Twin

j-ro said...

I'm glad you liked the brussels sprouts. Heal up, my friend:)