Wednesday, January 13, 2010

LBN survival guide: keep an open mind

I love this performance. I need to listen to this song everyday!


The Fathlete’s Guide to Surviving the Look Better Naked Challenge

Keep an open mind. Obviously, the stuff you’ve been doing isn't working. So try something new. You don’t have to like it. Should you decide that "this shit sucks!" make sure your declaration is an informed one. Try a new kind of workout. Eat something new. Have a paleo/primal cooking party or potluck. Meet your friends at the local farmer’s market and make an outing of it. Open the minds of people around you. Feed them the stuff you’re eating. You’d be surprised at how well they respond. I know this because at family gatherings, my family knows that I will bring one to three vegetable dishes (um, along with deep-fried shrimp patties). In a meat-and-rice family, the veggies are always appreciated and always eaten with delight! The challenge is supposed to inspire a lifestyle change. The people you love are a part of your life. They are allowed to grow, indulge, and experience that change with you.

Today's Small Victories
1) I spent the morning at my sister's house waiting for an important package. The cookie-cake was still there. So was the sourdough bread. It was easier to stay away knowing that it was the same stuff from two days ago. Ew.

2) I listened to my body when she told me that she was still feeling under from last night's deadlifts. I went light on today's WOD.

Warm-up
Steady 1000 meter row
Two sets of:
10 push-ups
10 Eric's ab exercise

CrossFit One World WOD
2.2 mile walk

Joanne's Final Time - N/A

Notes (to myself) about this workout: My back is still wrecked from last night's deadlifts. Some people can walk in and do the heavy lifting as a warm-up. I'm just not one of those people. On double lifting days I now know that I have to get in there early and warm up. It's just too dangerous for me not to.

2 comments:

maria_nice twin said...

Hey girl!
Hope your back gets better! My legs were wrecked from last weeks' cycle!

I'm not doing the naked challenge. I've got other issues I'm dealing with. Need to keep as much off my plate as possible.

The evil twin is doing the challenge. She did the photo shoot on Sunday. I'm proud of her!

I'm proud of both of everyone who's doing it!

You rock, girl!

j-ro said...

Thanks for the kudos Maria. Maybe next time you can do the challenge. It's been pretty exciting:)

Hope your legs get better. (Funny fact about me: I don't know how to ride a bike. ha ha!)