Thursday, August 19, 2010

mr. eol

Dear Mr. EOL (English is your Only Language, so stop f--king it up!),

Before I begin, I'd like to let you know that I'm not a snob. I teach reading and composition at UC Berkeley and English is a second language for most of my students. Typically, I don't make a big deal out of grammar issues.

However, Mr. EOL, I am continually disgusted by your grasp of the English language. Unlike my students, you have no excuse. English is your first and only language. You were raised with an elite education - private schools all your life. Why you cannot determine the difference between what is plural and possessive proves to me that you are a blundering idiot. Just so you know, there are MEMBERS at the gym, not member's. Every four years, athletes compete in the OLYMPICS, not the the olympic's. Your misuse of the apostrophe is appalling. Please don't get me started on your inability to differentiate between your/you're, its/it's, and their/they're/their (note: thurr is not a word). While we're on the subject, a lot is two words. There is no "a" in definitely. Are and our are two completely different words. Such weaknesses are symptoms of an incompetent muscle head who hasn't figured out the difference between his brain and his ass (in case you were wondering, a brain fart does not come out of your ass).

For the record, I don't give a shit if you can deadlift a school bus or clean & jerk the governor of California (which is gross if you're reading this the wrong way). Though you may be "fit as f--k," you are still just another dumb f--k who gets off on photos of yourself doing handstands in odd places.

With that, I hope someone drops a 45# plate on your balls. When you scream, please note that "ouch" should end with an exclamation point!

Sincerely yours,
The Fierce Runner

Today's Small Victories
Again, I made it to the box despite having to deal with a modified "Fran." She's a bitch no matter how you frame it. I've also declared that I need to say good-bye to desserts. Seriously. They suck the life out of me and force me into a deep sleep followed by a headache. Today's peach mango pie a la mode was probably a shock to my body, considering I've been cutting out the refined sugars lately. Yes. That means I'm limiting my cupcake intake. (tears)

Warm-up
500 meter row
25 GHD sit-ups
25 GHD back extensions (I hate these things. They make me want to pee!)

CrossFit One World WOD
Strength:
Determine new front squat one rep max. 135# (PR!)
Bench Press 5x3 at 75#

Conditioning:
Complete 21/15/9 reps for time of:
Thruster 53#
Jumping Pull-ups

Joanne's Final Time - 8:25

Notes (to myself) about this workout: I was really happy with the strength portion because I PR'd my front squat. My previous squat was 123#. Though I felt like I had another 5# in me, I again, decided to go conservative. Never ask for more than you can chew. It was great to hit the PR because I remember when I hit 123#. I thought I was going to die. I could feel myself getting off line very quickly. Regarding the bench press, I was also happy that I could handle 75#. It's not my strongest lift and it's been a long time since I've done it.

As for the modified "Fran," I was satisfied with my thrusters and pacing. I still hate the pull-up. After class, I tried it with the band and I could hardly bend my elbows for the pull. I need two bands to get some kind of pull. Gah! I hate how weak I am in the upper body!

2 comments:

Lyn C said...

Before I posted my comment, I had to proofread it.

I think you are like my long lost twin. You are just the smarter one! lol

j-ro said...

Ha ha! No worries. Like I said, I don't usually make a big deal out of grammar and such. I just wanted to poke fun at the whole bad grammar thing.

Hey long lost twin, a few of us are thinking of having dinner in Union City/Fremont on Tuesday night. Email me at jlrondilla@yahoo.com if you're interested in joining us:)