Tuesday, October 19, 2010

CrossFit women


I stole this from Lyn M. at CFU. In truth, I'm always hesitant to share stuff like this. It goes with my whole, "I'm not interested in replacing one standard of beauty with another. I'd rather dismantle standards. Period." Still, I admire what's going on in this video. Strength is definitely sexy.

Today's Small Victories
1) I made it to the box!

Warm-up
Run 400 meters
Prep for the WOD

CrossFit One World WOD
Strength:
Deadlift. 5x3 @185#

Conditioning:
Start a running clock. Run 400m. At 2 minute mark, do tababta kettlebell swings. At the 6 minute mark, run 400m. At 8 minute mark do tabata pull-ups. Repeat for two total cycles (four runs and four tabatas). The workout is 23:50 minutes long.

Joanne's Final Time - Sorry. I didn't keep track of my tabata count.

Notes (to myself) about this workout: This WOD sucked! I worked on the bands, mostly hanging from them because I can't do a pull-up. Still...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, that wod sucked. Thank goodness it was only 2 rounds. I was wod drunk for quite a while after that.

Most of the crossfit gals can smoke the guys (in my humble opinion). Yet to try out the Tribu place in Union City Landing. I'll post my results when I make it out there.....

I also struggle with going into the box at times... Guess a little burn-out going on for me.

love your thoughts.

Evil Twin

j-ro said...

OMG. You have to come out when we go! It's lots of fun poking fun of Angela about eating a big bone!

I'll talk to Angela about securing a date!