Monday, October 25, 2010

in the news...

This story has been floating around cyberspace for a bit. I thought I'd share it. It's about Filipinos in popular sports. In case you didn't know, Tim Lincecum is Filipino through is mother's side. In fact, his Filipino American roots start in Stockton. It's in the article. Please don't write to me with your elaborate stories about how he couldn't possibly be Filipino. I'm already dealing with your hate mail by mentioning that Jay-Z, Foxy Brown, and Sharon Leal are also Filipino. Please direct your racist hater-ade somewhere else. Thanks!

By the way, congrats to the San Francisco Giant for making it to the world series. Woot!

Today's Small Victories
I showed up!

Warm-up
Two minute row
Stretching
Prep for WOD

CrossFit One World WOD
Strength: Establish a 5 rep max (155#)

Conditioning: "Nancy"
Complete five rounds for time of:
400m run
15 overhead squats

Joanne's Final Time - 29:27

Notes (to myself) about this workout: I've never established a 5 rep max on the back squat, so there it is. 155#. With more time, I think I could have done 160#.

I usually do well with Nancy. Granted, my time isn't great, but in the past, I've always been able to rx it and do the 15 reps straight. Tonight I just didn't have the magic. The first two cycles I did 63#; the next two cycles I did 53# and the last cycle I did 33#. My weakness is that (1) I've been sick all weekend long and I think it took a toll on me during the WOD. (2) It took me FOUR rounds to realize my grip needed to be wider. The OHS squat is one of my stronger lifts (technique wise). For the longest time, I couldn't figure out why I was so wobbly. Finally, Eric G. pointed out that I was much more stable when I took my hands out father. Gah!

No comments: