Thursday, November 04, 2010

great workout week!


One certain thing in my life is this: Bradass always makes me smile. But this photo makes me laugh hysterically. You gotta love those random photos from the One World files!

For Monday:
Today's Small Victories
I made it in! Also, I had a great meeting with my advisor and I'm chipping away at the writing in fine style!

Warm-up
I forgot:(

CrossFit One World WOD
Strength:
3 back squats on the minute every minute for 10 minutes. 120#

Conditioning:
Partner workout. Each partner is tasked to finish the following work:
2 muscle-ups
4 rope climbs
6 ring dips
8 knees to elbows
10 ring push-ups
12 burpees
14 wall balls
16 kettlebell swings
18 pull-ups
20 dumbbell thrusters
22 GHD hip extensions
24 GHD sit-ups
26 air squats
28 double unders
One partner rows 500m while the other chips away at the work one item (in order) at a time. Once the first rower is done with 500m, the partners switch. Each person will row 500m five times. Always start your work where you left off. Each partner will post the time that it took to finish all 14 movements, but will continue to switch on the row until five 500m rows have been completed.

Joanne's Final Time - I made it to 10 DB thrusters

Notes (to myself) about this workout: I went light and modified on this WOD because I could tell it was a tough one. Stupidly, I followed Nate's advice and stayed after to finish the sequence. Gah. Nothing good every came from being good. When I got home I was completely spent. Seriously. Instead of eating dinner or a snack, I crashed and didn't wake up til the next day.

For Tuesday:
Today's Small Victories
I made it in. I'm sure there were other things to celebrate, but I can't recall them right now.

Warm-up
Catching up with the rowing.

CrossFit One World WOD
Strength:
Deadlift 5/5/5/5/5
95/145/165/175/185

Conditioning:
Complete as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:
15 kettlebell swings 35#
10 knees to elbows (modified)
5 ring dips (modified)

Joanne's Final Count - 8 rounds + 12 KB swings

Notes (to myself) about this workout: I really need work on the deadlift. It's still my least favorite lift. I was proud because for the first time in a WOD, I did the ring dips with the band. Granted, I did them poorly, but I do feel my upper body strength improving.

For Wednesday:
Today's Small Victories
Even though I had dinner plans, I managed to workout.

Today's workout:
One hour of yoga

Notes (to myself) about this workout: The last two days at the box were intense. Therefore, an hour of yoga was greatly appreciated. There's a part of the sequence where I can tell that I've been getting stronger. Granted, I'm not at pull-up status yet. But I'm getting more consistent at hitting some type of workout everyday.

No comments: